Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Yesterday's bright spots

These,

and the fact that when I went down to the barn to ride last night, Annabelle was standing! She was still standing an hour later when I headed back to the house, too. She has been laying down every single time I've gone to or by the sheep fold for over two weeks, so the fact that she had risen without help was SO encouraging.

Today was my one day off work, so I let the ewes out in the morning before homeschool co-op and then again in the evening when we got home. I wished I'd gotten video of Vienna trying to run; let's just say it wasn't very graceful! She and Sarai are heavy with lambs, but not with milk, so the due date I wrote down for Vienna is most likely correct, and I imagine Sarai will lamb close to that as well.

Eager for bouncing babies at . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy Annabelle seems to be doing better!

Susan said...

Hurray for Annabelle! Maybe she just needed to know spring was actually coming - I cannot imagine Vienna running! Love to see the daffodils - gives us hope over here in the frozen Northeast.

Unknown said...

Good to hear about Annabelle. Seeing spring flowers...makes me feel hopeful that it will come to us one of these days.