Wednesday, July 24, 2013

When it's hot

Find a cool spot and lay low.

Stick to quiet, indoor pastimes as much as possible.

Keep the 'pits aired out.

Water, water, water – and watch the plants GROW! (Looks like I need to make some pesto!)

This evening Rick and Brian went to a Minor League baseball game. I couldn't bear the thought of baking in the sun in 90-degree heat, so I stayed home and baked bread instead. The temperatures are supposed to moderate over the weekend; I'm hauling my horse to Eugene on Sunday for a dressage show so I sure hope that forecast is correct!

That's it for today from . . .

6 comments:

Thirteen Sheep (Or More) said...

I hope you get lots of photos from the dressage event! I'm fascinated by it!

Michelle said...

I can't take pictures of myself, so I'm hoping someone else is willing to do it!

Mary Ann said...

It has lightened up here considerably, too, after the heat of last week. Our dogs like the tile, too!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous basil - jealous! I'm not turning my oven on until the end of September, maybe October.

Tombstone Livestock said...

Hope you get a cool down for Sunday, nothing like having to wear long sleeve coat in the heat, or will they let you get by with sleeveless shirt in the heat?

Have fun.

Michelle said...

Mary Ann, "they" keep saying it will cool off this weekend, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I think this is the nicest basil I've grown, Sharon!

Never sleeveless shirts, Audrey, but sometimes we can wear short-sleeved shirts if coats are waived. It's always the helmet that makes me hottest, though....