Thursday, June 07, 2012

Sated with beauty

Over the noon hour I finished the striped section of my homespun/hand-dyed Taygete while listening to Michael Allen Harrison at our community downtown association's first Brown Bag concert of the season. I'm not sure a better knitting experience is possible; I love Michael's evocative playing! Here's a taste:


After listening to such beautiful music, beautiful imagery seems fitting. I hope you enjoy these Boulderneigh blooms at least half as much as I do! (As always, you can click to biggify; in doing so you might see some small surprises.)






That's it for now from . . .

7 comments:

Mary Ann said...

A wonderful post, Michelle, and I loved the irises.... ours our long past here. I'm not sure what it is you are making, but the color is gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Mary Ann, I edited the post so that the name of my knitting project is linked to the designer's blog post about it. Most of our regular iris are done now, too; I took the purple iris' photo a couple weeks ago. The white flags have just started blooming.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such calming music! His playing reminds me of Arthur Atsma who recorded several CDs of his compositions. My daughter was privileged to take lessons from him for a year in exchange for babysitting his small children. :)

Love this type of piano playing, like water running through my soul.

Michelle said...

Isn't it wonderful, Wanda? He played that one today, and mentioned it was his very first composition - at age 12!

And I love your description of water running through your soul. Yes. Exactly!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Lovely!

Kelly said...

Lovely......loved it.

Tina T-P said...

Wonderful music and such pretty flowers - Those little ants get on my peonies too - makes it kind of hard to take them in to the office - gets ants all over my desk! T.