Monday, October 25, 2010

Mournful Monday

Don't worry, it's nothing big or important. I'm just dejected over my camera circumstances. My beloved FujiFilm E550 that I purchased used on eBay is mostly dead and therefore completely undependable. When I really want to take a picture, it sees magenta.

So last week I bought a replacement FujiFilm, an inexpensive little AX200. I guess you get what you pay for. It's almost too small (hard to stabilize) and the shutter speed is really slow, the picture quality is disappointing and my HP All-in-One won't read its SD card. In other words, the near-instant gratification and blogging inspiration I depend on from my digital camera is sorely lacking. Perhaps we just need more get-acquainted time; I don't know. If I can return it at this point, I probably will. Otherwise, I guess we're stuck with each other.

That's it for now from . . .

12 comments:

Susan said...

Bummer! A reliable camera is so important to us bloggers! Let's hope that you and your new camera work out a lovely relationship!

A :-) said...

I'm liking my Canon G11. I did not care for it at first (having used Kodaks forever), but I've gotten used to it and it's taken some great pictures for me.

Michelle said...

I'll take a look at the Canons, Adrienne. Sharon has a Canon PowerShot SD940IS that she really likes (and it's more affordable than yours!).

Benita said...

I just got a Canon PowerShot SD3100IS and I love it. And it was cheap! Only $130.

Heather said...

Yep - go for the cannons. Even the cheap ones are awesome. A photographer and her camera - you have to love your camera. Return the one you've got and get one you LOVE. They're out there.

Lois said...

Another vote for Canon cameras!

Laura said...

I have a Kodac C132, that I really like - it was pretty inexpensive, and my HP reads it's card, though I have the cord and usually use it...

Kim said...

I have a Canon Power Shot A720IS and it is great except it is hard if not impossible to take clear pictures of small things like flowers. It just doesn't seem to be able to focus on them.

Sharon said...

I was just going to tell you about my camera but I see you already know. I LOVE it. It's my fourth digital camera and first Canon digital. I started with Canons back in the dark age and Lee Ridley has influenced me to unearth my film camera and lenses. It's all because of blogs!

thecrazysheeplady said...

You are too good of a artist/photographer to use an inferior camera. The cost of buying a better camera is going to hurt you once. The cost of using a not-better camera is going to hurt you every time you use it.

Leigh said...

So many bloggers needing new cameras lately! Mine is approaching it's end too, so I'm very interested in what others purchase and how well they like them. I will probably still with Canon, because that's what my last three cameras have been, and they're all similar, even though the models are newer.

Potosi Sheep Farm said...

I'm really interested in this topic since my camera has a delay and the picture I aimed for is always gone before the shutter clicks. Very frustrating.