Monday, October 04, 2010

Fire dance

Last night I finished spinning the gorgeous fiber sample that came with my myrtlewood Jenkins standard spindle. It's targhee from Abstract Fiber in the "Bandon" colorway. As I was spinning it, I saw the colors of a driftwood fire on the beach, colors that only salt-impregnated wood generates.

I don't know that I've spun targhee before; it's very nice. Just as soon as I finish the angora/silk/merino sample I'm spinning on my Jenkins Meadowlark, I am going to spin the honey tussah silk sample that came with it just as fine as I can and hope to end up with enough yardage to ply with the targhee. Then I'm going to knit a fancy little bag or something as a keepsake! But first I must finish all holiday gift knitting, as well as spinning the rest of that white alpaca commission. In fact, I'm headed to my wheel right NOW.

That's it for now from . . .

4 comments:

Kim said...

I would love to see a basic "how to" on spinning sometime. It sounds like alot of fun! It certainly looks pretty.

A :-) said...

Mmmmmm Targhee - my favorite :-)

Sharon said...

Funny isn't it, how we have moved from the production of a wheel to the finesse of a spindle. It's the same, only different. Peaceful.

Theresa said...

Beautiful, all of it. I need to sit down with my little Jenkins spindle I bought way back when...when I thought I'd have more time. ;)