Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fibery frenzy

I am making steady progress on my second pair of holiday gift-knit socks, and just finished spinning eight ounces of alpaca singles. I've also been spending spare time perusing Ravelry's over 5000 pattern selections that take 150 yards of yarn or less to get ideas for my spindle-spun yarn. My "favorites" and "library" sections are getting fatter by the day, and suddenly I am thinking of all sorts of gift knits I could make for various family members, friends, and assorted Christmas get-togethers that include gift exchanges! No purchases necessary, either; I have lots of yarn in the stash, including a big box of assorted commercial yarns that I didn't have any ideas for, but can now put to good use. WHEEEEE!

Once I get the eight ounces of alpaca plied, I'm planning to use my new miniSpinner to spin up the last four ounces of alpaca due the alpaca farm owner. I am eager to see if it goes faster that way - and I'm just plain eager to use my miniSpinner! I've been making myself wait until this next installment of alpaca was finished; self-discipline, you know. I also need to get the bright red sample fiber off my miniSpinner so none of those fibers mix with the white alpaca.

No photos; the sensor-thingy in my camera is acting up again and sees everything in magenta. I suppose this time it might be dying for good.

That's it for now at . . .

6 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

I tried the Hansen Minispinner at Rhinebeck and LOVED it. I've got one coming :-D.

Kim said...

It's so fun to start making Christmas gifts in October. Can't wait to see what you make.

Heather said...

Way to be productive! Good for you. My wheel has been idle for too long. Too bad about your camera!

Michelle said...

Oh Sara, I'm so happy for you! Welcome to the club!

Kim, I try to work on Christmas gifts all year long to spread out the expense and time commitment. I finished two bigger projects earlier in the year, and one pair of socks recently, so am feeling pretty good about my time line.

There's nothing like making a commitment to someone to keep you spinning, Heather! Get out your wheel! ;-)

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

I have the same problem with bits of yarn here and there, so I bought the 'One Skein Wonder - Luxury' book, it had 101 patterns in it, and I'm really excited to start on it :)
Good luck with your minispinner, sounds like fun!

An English Shepherd said...

Cameras can be a real pain :-(

Wizz