Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Same song, second verse

The noise continues. It continued through the night, although not at daytime frequency. We turned on our ceiling fan and closed the window above our headboard, and I still heard them. This morning it seems the ewes are vocalizing less, which is an improvement, because they are the loudest (especially Valentine!). I can't believe the little boys haven't lost their pathetic voices yet.

Last night I did the necessary tinking and then finished the tam. It turned out well if I do say so myself; I just have to weave in two ends and it can go in the Christmas gifts drawer. Now I need to get busy and finish the two Himalayan mini-totes and cross them off my Christmas gifts list as well. The hold-up there has been that somehow the first panel of the second one came undone in the middle; I must have messed up on the three-needle bind-off.

And yes, Becky, those are my little boy's hands (the swelling has gone down some)! Here is another photo of him to prove it:
That's it for now at . . .

4 comments:

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

Well I didn't think you were lying to me lol :)
Love the tam!
Don't you just love the little darlings when they miss their mommies? Our sheep pens are far enough out behind the house that we dont hear them, the neighbors house is closer to the pens than ours is... ;-)

Nancy K. said...

I think the most pathetic sound in the world is that plaintive, muffled little "mmbaaaa" that the babies make when they're so hungry that they HAVE to graze but they still cry with their mouths full....

It makes my heart hurt!

Weaning time is the ONLY time of the year that I actually am GLAD that I have to go to work.

country girl said...

I made your zucchini patties. They are so delicious. Thanks so much for the recipe.

Sharrie said...

Trail riding in your part of the country must be beautiful. Glad the sting is better. That can be a worry if it wasn't really swelling at other times. Don't want an allergic reaction.