Friday, September 14, 2007

Biggest FO to date...

...and that's not necessarily a good thing, Martha. Today I seamed up the last sleeve on the mini-cardigan. Having tried it on before it was finished, I wasn't unprepared for the results: it's both too big and too small.
That is, the arms, which I added a few rows to, are a tad long, the torso, which I should have added some rows to, is too cropped, and it would take a better-endowed woman than I to fill it out.

I was going to wear this to church tomorrow, but have talked myself out of it. I don't have a shirt or blouse to wear under it that would look right with the skirt that it matches, and it only looks (kinda) like it fits me with my arms akimbo. Can't go around like that all morning, now can I?

Never fear. I have gifting ideas in mind for this beauty, and enough of the same yarn to cast on another with modifications to suit me and my frame. I really do like this project -- the yarn and buttons I used, the speed in which it knits up with bulky yarn and big needles, the increases and decreases that give it shape, and the shorter sleeves. May the education I gained on attempt #1 serve me well on #2!

That's it for now at . . .

6 comments:

Sharon said...

And you're going to diet, because why????

shepherdchik said...

I think it would fit me just fine!! Where is the pattern from?

Michelle said...

Ah, clothes hide a multitude of flaws, Sharon. :-) That's why no one has seen me in a swimsuit in YEARS!

Becca, get that pattern here: http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/FittedKnitsMiniCardi.html?noImages=0
I'm well on my way on attempt #2....

melanie said...

How pretty! (And I concur with Sharon...)

Windyridge said...

I did the same thing with my first sweater. It still sits waiting for an ingeniuos idea on how to fix it and add to it's length.

Franna said...

I like it! You must have posed "just right" because it (and you!) look great in the photo.

I'm going to look up the pattern, too. :-)
- Franna