Monday, July 22, 2013

Perchy Pet


Yes, Perch survived my absence last week (I'll admit I was a bit worried). And amazingly, she has already regrown her neck feathers and looks great! I'm sure being able to free-range and supplement the commercial feed all our chickens get has helped her recover quickly.

Before I left last week, I picked up a small piece of plywood that was lying on the ground between the henhouse and the sheep lot. Underneath were tons of ants and ant larvae, so I picked up Perch and placed her where she could see the buffet.

Mmmm; protein! (And sheep watching chicken TV. ;-)

I don't know how long we'll have a single "Freedom Ranger;" it's awfully fun to have a chicken come running (in that hilarious way that chickens run) to greet us when we walk down to the barn!

That's it for today from . . .

No comments: