Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thrilled-with-it Thursday

I thought about waiting until tomorrow to call this post "'Fess Up Friday," but dear friend Lois might have shot me. (Actually, Lois would probably be the last one on earth to pull the trigger, no matter how much she might want to! ;-)


I got excited about this camera after my friend's enthusiastic endorsement, followed by checking out its good reviews for myself. And seriously? A Leica (!) lens in a point-and-shoot digital? SOLD! But after a couple days of playing around with it, culminating in these photos of Inky and Bronwen taken yesterday morning, I've moved on to thrilled. I mean, how can you NOT love a camera that loves your sheep? So what is my new main squeeze? It is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS6. (My cost, complete with 2GB card, battery, charger, and case, was far lower on special at Costco.) Of course, our relationship will deepen and grow exponentially if I spend some time with the manual, but I find him pretty sweet straight out of the box. He even captured a pretty decent shot of the moon Tuesday night:

That's it for now from snap-happy. . .

10 comments:

Black Sheep said...

That is perhaps.... nope.. FOR SURE.. the coolest picture of the moon I have ever seen!!! I love my Olympus FE-110 Digital Camera.. but she is not capable of taking pictures like that in her WILDEST Dreams.. At least she can capture nice pics of my kids, horse, dogs, sheep, wool and yarns..
Congratulations on the successful new relationship and happy picture taking. I sure look forward to seeing all the new pics you are sure to share.
Melanie in MN

C-ingspots said...

Congratulations on the new toy!! That was one of the cameras I considered because of the reviews when I was searching too. I ended up with a Kodak because the color was so true to life. After 2 years, I'm still happy with my camera except for one thing...slow shutter speed. Hate that because I miss some really great shots, and you know how many action shots can be missed when you have puppies and horses!! :)

Lois said...

Thanks for being willing to "tell all". As I recall, that is one of the cameras that Brook has been looking at (preparing for the certain demise of our dear old Cannon)....so it is good to have this official road-test!

Michelle said...

Ah Melanie, I'm sure Mr. Lumix is blushing (but it's hard to tell because he's black)! Lorie, I am happy with the shutter speed on Mr. Lumix; he's a bit faster than the Fujifilms I had before. You're welcome, Lois! :-)

Kelly said...

The moon shot is very nice. I've been searching for a replacement for my camera, the shutter speed has always been my biggest frustration.
Christmas is coming....maybe I can talk my hubby into one for me this year.

Kanisha said...

I was hoping it was and hoping it wasn't I've had my eye on a lumix for some while but its expensive i've yet to find anything better on the market but then again was hoping you had found something better! glad you like it now I have to write my note to santa!

Tiggeriffic said...

Great pictures and I love the picture of the moon.. Glad you found a camera that you liked..It makes taking picture a joy especially when you can trust that the camera you are using will take good pictures.
ta ta for now,,from Iowa

thecrazysheeplady said...

Congrats! Looks great :-D.

Leigh said...

Beautiful photos. I'm taking notes! Wonderful reviews on this camera. Looks like a great piece of equipment.

Sharon said...

I'm glad you found the right camera for you. I think there are so many great options that you couldn't help but find what you wanted. I waited so long to update my camera that I think it walks on water compared to the old one. Isn't it great what they can do?!