Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Déjà vu?




In case you're thinking "We've seen this before – Christmas tree, weaving, sunrise....", notice that the tree is now decorated, the weaving is FO (finished object) #2, and the sunrise is different (although would you really mind seeing this same sunrise every morning?).

We didn't wait for Brian's birthday last Wednesday to decorate our tree; we put the lights on it Monday night and the ornaments on the next night. I would have been happy with just the lights; they turned out so pretty.

I am also very happy with my second weaving project, started and finished in one day. I wanted to weave a rug but ran out of cotton twine for warp, so ended up with a rug-length scarf, which works just fine with a pin. I've wrapped it for a Christmas brunch and cut-throat gift exchange we're attending on Sunday. From then on our holidays will be bustling with family members flying in from Texas, Colorado and New York, interspersed with various gatherings, some of which will now include my MIL's fiancé, a not-surprising development announced a week and a half ago.

In other recent developments, Brian is behind the wheel of his own (well, his and the credit union's) vehicle again, many months after his old car died. He had to ride to and from work with one of us while paying off an old debt before he could get financing for this; we did not give him access to one of our vehicles. 

My friend Kate brought her six-month-old Flat-coated Retriever puppy over for a romp with Poppy. Poppy was great pals with Kate's previous Flat-coat, and still looks for her even though she's met the new pup a time or two. Poppy does like to play with big dogs....


It has been soggy for weeks before the sun returned yesterday.  The ewes don't like being out in the rain, but the ram lambs seem fine with slogging around in the mud. I hope their fleeces are salvageable next spring!



My littlest orchid is promising some 'winter sunshine.' The last flower stalk (right) has stayed green and appears to be forming buds again, and a new flower stalk (left) has emerged as well – something to look forward to in 2024!

That's it for now at . . .

5 comments:

A :-) said...

Everything looks great! Your tree is a beaut!!

Michelle said...

Thanks, A! It is lovely to have a big tree again; it's been a few years!

Leigh said...

Wow, Michelle, you're a natural at the loom! The scarf is really attractive. I like the way you did the stripes.

Love the way those tree lights twinkle. It's a beautiful tree!

Mokihana said...

Your photos are so beautiful! How do you take care of your orchids? That always look so good!

Michelle said...

I really like it, Leigh, and am anxious to start my next project. I doubt I will ever be as disciplined as you, making samples and trying different designs; rather, I enjoy just going with the flow like I do with my spinning!

Mokihana, I don't do much except water them about once a week, Mokihana. They seem to like their location up on our pie safe with bright, indirect light.