Tuesday, November 07, 2023

Falling fast

"Fall" is the perfect description of this season in the PNW. Rain, leaves, and daylight are all falling fast. I knew what was coming even as I patted myself on the back for keeping up with the first leaves to fall in the arena; this is the progress regress from Friday (shown in my last post) to this morning:


As you can see, the Bigleaf Maples have rapidly changed color, too (and there are STILL a lot of leaves to fall; nevertheless, I will blow out the arena again today).

The colors; oh, the COLORS right now! I've taken a bunch of photos – Sabbath afternoon driving to and from church (first two photos below), then on a walk with Poppy around the hill late Sabbath afternoon (next four photos), more around our house on Monday morning, and finally at one of Rick's client's yesterday late afternoon (last four photos). Yes, these are the client's creations; they are stunning, and BIG (all over 7' tall). I have shared at least a couple photos of her work before; one was at the State Fair. I think her talent is amazing.















Sunday Poppy and I went to another agility trial at a facility the closest yet to us – the beautiful home court of Willamette Agility Group (love their logo!). If I didn't like my current instructor so much and get to meet up with my cousin at nearby Costco after nearly every class, I'd be looking to change venues for agility classes. Poppy had the zoomies and didn't pay much attention to her 'teammate,' so we only qualified in one of our three classes.






When we got home, there were FIVE eggs waiting for us; obviously most of my hens worked harder Sunday than my dog did! 🤪

But Poppy doesn't have to bring home ribbons to give me great joy; Leo, either.



That's it from the dog-lover at . . .

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Michelle, that was/is a fantastic post!! I just opened it a few minutes ago, and have already gone through it twice!! Plus I shared the metal work pictures with Marlys, and told her about Poppy's Sunday afternoon! All of your scenery photos are lovely. You must live in a beautiful area.

We were in Eugene today, and were awestruck by all the beautiful fall colors. Oakridge, being such a small town, doesn't have near the assortment of trees.

Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

Jeanne, I'm glad you got to enjoy some 'leaf-peeping' in Eugene today. I think all of NW Oregon is beautiful; I love living here. 😍

Leigh said...

Your fall photos are just beautiful. Our color isn't very impressive, I suppose because it's been so dry, so I truly enjoy yours!

I'm glad you keep at it with Poppy's agility work. I'm guessing she'll eventually get it. :)

Michelle said...

Leigh, Poppy definitely "gets it," but all sentient creatures have better and worse days. As a terrier, she is less driven to please me than, say, my old Aussie would have been; she's treat-driven, and in a competition I can't give her treats.

Live said...

Your post radiates brilliance! Insightful, well-articulated, and truly captivating. Thanks for sharing your valuable perspective with us.

Mokihana said...

I think this has been a particularly spectacular Fall.. the colors have been so incredibly beautiful, haven't they! Love your photos!