Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Another year older (but not deeper in debt)

I may be getting old, but not nearly as old as the song that came to mind as title inspiration (can't beat Tennessee Ernie Ford's rendition). Yes, I've had another birthday but they are never really a big deal, not the new 'number' or the 'celebration.' This year I told my guys all I wanted were "acts of service," (one of the Five Love Languages, and a top one for me), and they obliged. After Rick blew leaves,  we all worked on stripping the Sheep Sheraton, then Brian cleaned the henhouse. The Ram-ada Inn still needs to be cleaned, but we ran out of time and energy; maybe next Sunday. I got some cute photos of my grown boy loving on Bridget, and then joined him for some birthday selfies.
The wind really blew Friday night; can you see the sheep?











Brian also got me this book, which I thought was an incredibly thoughtful gift:

And my sister sent me a box of little goodies, including this gorgeous LovePop card because she knows how much I love my Japanese maples:
like this one right outside the front door
Sanson bred Boop several times on my birthday, which could be a gift – except that two days earlier, the other two ram lambs managed to break out and join Sanson and his girls for several hours. If she settles in this short time frame, I'll likely have to do DNA testing to determine the sire, unless the lamb or lambs are Ag (Sanson is the only one with that pattern).

The following photos are from last week;
Bette and her black twins








I took this photo of the island today. The Japanese maple has lost some of its fire, but I love the contrasts and colors:

That's it for now from . . .

7 comments:

Leigh said...

Happy Birthday! It's so lovely that everyone helped make the day special. I love seeing those sheep faces!

Michelle said...

Thanks, Leigh!

Jeanne said...

Happy Belated Birthday, to a very special lady!

It made me happy, just now, when I found your latest post! I've been looking for one, but I had to hit the bed last night before it came in.

Your pictures - all of them - are wonderful. The ones of you, Brian and the sheep are really special

Your pop up birthday card from your sister is really neat! I love that kind of thing, and that subject is perfect. I love the Japanese maples, too.

Have a great day!

A :-) said...

Happy Birthday, my friend! Looks like you had great gifts :-) Those wily sheep! Getting out and about where they shouldn't! My one Japanese Maple got a serious haircut last week, as did the Magnolia that was shading it. I'm hoping that will help both trees grow better in the coming years.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Happy birthday! Glad you had such a nice one :-).

Mokihana said...

Happy birthday, Michelle! I can hear Tennessee Ernie Ford singing as I type this. One of the things I love about following your blog is that we really enjoy the same things: maples, spiderwebs, pretty views, orchids...and I'm all for acts of service, too.

Thanks for the truly beautiful photos!

Michelle said...

Sorry I dropped the ball on responding, A, Sara, and Mokihana. Working on another post about how busy it's been since this post!