Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Bits and bobs

I intended to do this post earlier in the day, but the internet has been down for hours. Oh well, that means you get less words, which is probably better anyway!

Our stretch of gorgeous sunrises ended with this pretty sunset a week ago. I saw color through the window, grabbed my iPhone, pulled on some shoes, and planned to take a short walk to a good vantage point. Surprisingly, I got a good show from right outside my door!



The next day while working Stella, the sunlight caught the rich brown of her eye.

Speaking of Stella, look at this image created by the guy who took the photo at Perrydale Trails:

I would love to have an actual Christmas ornament just like this!

In fiber news, I'm spinning some cloud/roving from one of my first two Shetlands, plying some CVM/Romeldale singles, and finally did the finishing on two recent knits. Below is a cowl now in the mail for my sister (look at me using my son to model it just like Romi Hill does!).


And this is my Empower Lace Cowl designed by the aforementioned Romi Hill:


Speaking of gifts, a friend gave me this small painting of a bulldog made into a birthday card.. I found the perfect frame for it at Goodwill; now it sits front and center on top of the baking rack which holds my cookbooks. The wooden platter was my paternal grandmother's; it says “Give us this day our daily bread" in Danish.

This week our weather has mostly looked like this:
The girls were out for awhile between showers today. Beyond them you can see that the neighbors’ house is getting siding; in between, if you look closely, you can see their chickens happily free-ranging.

That's it for today from . . .

6 comments:

Mama Pea said...

If only that ball ornament were real, what a treasure it would be! Your knitting is, as always, gorgeous. And your son looks like a professional model.

Retired Knitter said...

That cowl looks great and I am glad you included the picture of it being worn - it shows off the cowl better AND it shows off your son. :-)

wyomingheart said...

Those are very beautiful creations! Your son is very handsome ! ...not being a creeper.... just appreciating. Lol ! What are your temps now? Have a perfect week!

Michelle said...

Mama Pea, as many selfies as my son/his generation takes, you'd think they WERE professional models!

It took a bit to wrap my head around the seaming that creates the cowl, Elaine. A simple rectangles turns into a very cozy cowl!

Ha, wyomingheart, I don't think you're a creeper! We are quite mild here, in the 40s and 50s.

Jeanne said...

I wish, too, that the lovely "ornament" could be made into a real ornament for you!I

Your sunset photos are so beautiful!! Makes me wish for some in our area.

The little bulldog is SO cute! How nice of your friend to do that for you.

The cowls you made are beautiful, especially the red one! It was a good idea to have Brian model it.

Have a great day!

Michelle said...

Since our hillside faces east, Jeanne, I rarely see so much color from our house; that was a treat! (Hope you have a great day, too.)