Sunday, March 10, 2019

From last snow to first crow(cus)

Since my last post we had a bit more snow (on Thursday, after a frosty, foggy sunrise).




The evening before, the reflected sunset colors on the clouds to the NE created a stunning skyscape:

Inside, things are less dramatic.

While the males doze and veg, I prefer to engage more productive pursuits...
 ...until my head hits my luxuriously-clad pillow.
That's a handwoven pillowcase I received as a gift from a special friend, and feels so nice!

Last week Brian asked if I'd be interested in going to a concert by the Salem Pops Orchestra on Saturday night. I was surprised that he wanted to go (one of his teachers plays French horn in the group, and students only pay $2), but delighted to support an interest in music other than what he usually listens to. It was supposed to be a family date, but Rick had to go on an emergency. His loss; it was a great performance with a guest trumpet player who was awesome, and afterwards Brian treated me to a mocha! Definitely one of those rare experiences with my son to treasure.

Take longer days, mix in Daylight Savings Time, and add a generous dose of sunshine, and you get what feels like Spring, The ewes enjoyed a bit of grass while Lance and I went down the gravel road, as the trails are still muddy and slick, and the arena footing is still thawing.


I thought we'd lose the last trace of snow with all that sun, but a remnant of what slid off the truck down at the barn still remains:

 When I got back to the house, I noticed our first crocus blossom in front of the house.

That's it for weather whiplash at . . .

6 comments:

Leigh said...

Weather whiplash, lol, excellent term. Lovely photo story, Michelle.

Michelle said...

Thanks, Leigh; glad you enjoyed it!

Susan said...

What a lovely way to spend time with your son - wow! I love these pictorial posts, it makes me feel hopeful. As if I might see a crocus myself. In June. :) I'm glad to see that Chuckie is on the job - checking for slippery spots. xo

Jeanne said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this! And what a treat, for you to take in that concert with your son! My son (also named Brian) and I share a great love for music!

Retired Knitter said...

The sky was so bright blue in one picture. Almost looked like a spring shot!!

Michelle said...

It was a rare and delightful event, Susan! I wish I could send you a long and lovely Spring, followed by a tolerable summer. ;-)

Another thing in common, Jeanne! Brian has pretty eclectic tastes in music; I'll take credit. :-)

It is definitely headed that way, Elaine!