Saturday, March 23, 2019

Another day on the merry-go-round

Last week we attended a church in Salem to watch Brian's handbell choir play. These were three of my favorites:




This week Brian participated in Sabbath services in Guatemala and Rick participated here at our home church in extended activities. Me? I continued to lay low, trying to keep the spinning and nausea to a minimum. I tried a self-help treatment developed by a physician and shared with me by blogpal Alison, but it only made me more nauseated, so I took to bed for awhile. The dogs did their best to take care of me:


But eventually the sunshine lured me outside to look at the flowers, let the ewes out, and check for eggs.


Chuckie came running, then followed me up to the house to get as much attention as possible. Such a character!






Watching him lounge and pose makes me think that the inspiration for sexy centerfolds is feline!

After Rick got home Dozer got some lap time with 'daddy.'

Later when Rick was wiping off puppy paws so they could go back inside, Chuckie took advantage of his 'reverse lap'!

Thankfully walking doesn't aggravate my vertigo; tonight we went at sunset. Ever since, I've been doing okay; I'm cautious optimistic that tomorrow I may get to exit the merry-go-round.

That's it for now from . . .

7 comments:

Leigh said...

Oh Michelle, that's the worst kind of sick - being dizzy and nauseated. I hope it goes away soon. Glad to see you've got a lot of pooch power for support. And Chuckie! Brings a smile on my face every time. Congrats to Brian on his handbell performance. Good group.

Fat Dormouse said...


Sorry it didn't work - but worth a try!! I hope you find a cure or that it gets better by itself soon. Vertigo is the pits.

Mama Pea said...

Brian's hand bell group is lovely. So nice to see young peopled "dressed up!"

Who knew when you took Chuckie in that he would turn out to be such a handsome and people-pleasing cat? Personally, I think all the show he puts on is still his attempt to convince you what a wonderful house cat he would be. (Hee-hee.)

Your house dogs are taking very good care of you're feeling poorly. At least the blasted vertigo doesn't keep you from remaining upright for periods. I was going to be a mother hen and warn you about tottering around if you weren't steady on your feet, but it sounds like that aspect of it is okay. Be gone, awful vertigo, be gone!

Michelle said...

Leigh, as a child I never could understand why some kids LOVED to get dizzy, spinning around and then giggling as they staggered from the results. Apparently some can experience dizziness without nausea; not me. The animals and music videos helped lift my spirits; glad you liked them, too.

Alison, I tried it twice and the doctor said it could take more, but I didn't have the stomach for it! But I do feel (almost) normal today, so YAY!

Oh, I am SURE Chuckie is still campaigning to come in, Mama Pea! The first night being UPright was dangerous, as I found when needing to use the facilities. I quickly learned what NOT to do to provoke violent spinning; after that it was more an issue of keeping stomach contents DOWN. I will say (cautiously) that all I see of vertigo now is its backside!

Jeanne said...

I'm glad you were feeling a little better. I really hope and pray that you're still better yet!

I always enjoy your pics and stories about your furbabies - especially Chuckie! And guess who has a house cat now! She's an older kitty, a rescue. And big! She is dark gray, long haired, with a few touches of white. Very gentle and soft-voiced. She has the most beautiful bright green eyes I've ever seen! She and the ShihTzu service dog are starting to be more friendly.

Goatldi said...

Nice videos ! My daughter played handbells at our church when she was n Jr. high school. I had forgotten about it until now.

Feel better soon.

wyomingheart said...

Hope you spin less soon... Love that bugger Chuckie!!!!