Saturday, March 03, 2018

This is lamb-like!


After a wet start to March, today was lovely – crisp air, sunshine, and glorious skyscapes. This afternoon I got to wallow in it; Gatsby's girl came for a visit again and we took the Aussies for a walk up the hill.


That's the snowy flank of Mt. Hood shining below the clouds


Better than wallowing in self-pity, which I did earlier. We had a fellowship dinner after church, and I managed to find a partial pit in a "pitted" olive, breaking one of my upper molars on the same side that I lost the lower molar last fall. REALLY?!? The Lord must know my dentist really needs the work (he is getting married in two weeks – my dentist, not the Lord). We stopped on our way home to buy some temporary tooth cement to protect the sensitive exposed area, although getting it in place had me in tears before Rick put some lidocaine on the tooth. Here comes another root canal and crown....

Maybe this place should be named Toothless Acres instead of . . .


7 comments:

Jean said...

You have my sympathies!
I have an appointment for 2 crowns on my front teeth on the 16th. No wonder I don't like dentists!

Anonymous said...

Ouch!!! Broken teeth really hurt. I think I'm getting a cavity and really must find a new dentist that takes my health insurance. I hate hearing you having down days/moments... I know how much they stink!!!

Changing the subject from painful ones, I love those photos you put up, they give me hope that spring will eventually arrive... we are still in the throes of winter here. More snow fell two days ago, ugh, and the temperatures dropped back down into the 30's and I've lost track of how many consecutive cloudy days we have had lately... sigh.

I hope your tooth gets repaired soon!

Hugs for now from brrrr (again) New Hampshire...

Retired Knitter said...

Oh no! I hate tooth problems. They seem to always be painful and expensive!!

Mama Pea said...

Always good to come to your blog and see all the GREEN! Lovely pictures.

More tooth problems?!? Oh, Michelle, you just can't seem to get away from them! So sorry. :o( Innocently eating good food shouldn't cause such trauma. I still can't eat a caramel roll, though, because I pulled off a crown doing that years ago. Dental problems (heck, dental ANYTHING!) give me the heebie-jeebies!

Theresa said...

Oh OUCH, both in for your poor mouth and then the wallet. Hope you get in quick though because that kind of pain is just awful.

MiniKat said...

Oh ouch! I hope your dentist can get you in sooner rather than later!

re'New said...

I grew up with perfect teeth... or pretty close. Good genes- my sister even was asked if they could do a cast of hers, since they were so close to perfect... only thing they could say weren't perfect as they had slightly deep crevasses. I'm showing my age I guess as I seem to always have something that is brewing these days. I get something fixes and shortly after, something starts to bother. Since I have been dealing with a different doctor type problem, I've been ignoring a few things, but think it's time to get them looked at. I might just have to start going to Mexico with my parents. That's where they have been going for years even tho we live in the northeast corner of South Dakota. They save enough money to pay for a trip.