Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Spring and "winter"





I took these photos yesterday to post for the first day of spring (best laid plans and all that). It was definitely springlike! Today is wet, gray, and colder; we have a fire in the woodstove and it feels good. But today's weather is not the "winter" in my title. It's my dad. He was in the hospital earlier this week and things don't look good. We are preparing to visit him soon, and while I am hoping to be able to tell him I love him and am sorry for the heartbreak the circumstances have caused, I am bracing to be rejected (again) by an angry, bitter, sick man. There will be lots of time for spinning on the drive back and forth . . . and there may be plenty of time for me to spin while there. I have a photo to share for #tbt (throw-back Thursday), but other than that, posting may be slim to none for awhile; we'll see.

That's it for now from . . .

5 comments:

Jean said...

Praying for you

Theresa said...

Hugs, hope you two can at least make peace with each other. Keep us posted if you can.
Regardless you and yours will be in thoughts and prayers.

A :-) said...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you make this journey. Hang in.

Fat Dormouse said...

This must be a difficult time for you. I will keep you both, and your family, in my prayers.

Florida Farm Girl said...

I'm sorry your relationship with your dad is strained these days. Go see him, tell him you love him, forgive him. That's all you can do. You'll be in my thoughts.