Sunday, May 07, 2017

Wool Week at Boulderneigh

With shearing scheduled for Tuesday, today was high time to tackle some toe trims and take some fleece samples, with an eye to who I can roo this year. I started with the ewes this morning. Pretty pleased with myself for getting samples collected, photographed, and ready to mail for micron testing. Reserve your favorite(s) now; first reserved, first skirted and prepped to ship!

Bree (I rooed her sample, but she needs a bit more time to loosen):


Babette (looks roo-able, but fleece is firmly attached):


Sarai, my reliably roo-able ewe, was also very itchy – especially on her neck ;-):



Blaise (shot with and without flash; hard to capture but breathtaking!):




Vienna:



A certain little someone quietly inserted herself between my legs, blissfully happy for any attention that came her way:

Sweet Bacall can also be reserved, along with Bogie and Butler. Others will be added to the sales list later; feel free to inquire.

That's it for now from . . .

1 comment:

Claire MW said...

All those fleeces look stunning - I'd be hard pressed to part with any of those fleeces if I were you! But then, like me, you probably already have too much fleece and too little space!