Tuesday, March 14, 2017

No pie or lambs

I thought about pie today, but that's as close as I got to any. Did you have pie for Pi Day (3.14)?

There was an accident blocking the road on my way to work this morning. As I sat in my car waiting for it to be cleared, I noticed birds fluttering around a nearby tree. I grabbed my ever-present camera, zoomed in through the dirty windshield, and captured these:


Spring is in the air!

And lambs are still in the ewes. ;-)  I'm not sure what is going on with Vienna. She and Sarai are both bagging up, but they have very different contours. Sarai is round, although not hugely so. Vienna's belly extends down instead of out, which makes me wonder if her lamb(s) have dropped. But there aren't any other signs of eminent lambing, so I'm not obsessively checking her.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````
Hmmm; just looked at my notes (my blog) from the last two years, and see that Vienna lambed on March 18 and March 19 without a turgid udder. Also, Sarai's delivery last year caught me by surprise on March 14; the year before she lambed on March 20. Maybe I should start those obsessive barn checks – and find some more Irish names!

``````````````````````````````````````````````````
I'm close to finishing these fingerless mitts (not a good color representation):

I bound off the wrists this evening, and have since started on the little thumb "turtlenecks."

That's it for now from . . .

1 comment:

Rain said...

I really like the colour of the fingerless mitts! Good luck with the lambing, I wouldn't know how to handle that, never been in that situation before. I do have goats in my homesteading wish list down the line. I look forward to reading about your experiences!