Monday, May 09, 2016

Fanfare-free and that's just fine

Mothers(and fathers!)-to-be:


I hope you had a good weekend. I  began Mothers Day with a lovely, long phone conversation with my mom while my guys slept in. There was no fanfare for Mother's Day when they did get up, so I headed to the barn. There I found Blake walkabout for the second day in a row, grazing and watching the chicken channel on RFDTV. Figuring that he was ducking under the fencing in one spot (right in front of Benny in the photo below), I caught him and put him in the Ram-ada Inn until we could stake the problem area. Fortunately none of the wethers had followed his example!
Back at the house, I decided to whip my geraniums into shape. Three needed to be repotted, and one needed some serious pruning, resulting in some cuttings to start. Then I mixed up some fertilizer and gave most of my pots a long-overdue feeding. By then Rick was in the garden planting snap peas, so I joined him to plant onion starts and carrots. When that was done I left the guys to weed the strawberry patch while I herded dust bunnies into the vacuum. A productive morning accomplished, we all cleaned up for a lovely dinner out at a favorite restaurant, followed by some window shopping at REI. Rick and I were surreptitiously checking out 8th grade graduation gift ideas for Brian, but I also got a new water bottle and two pairs of SmartWool socks – so Happy Mothers Day to me!

When we finally got home I headed to the barn for some saddle time. Brian agreed to join me, and we had a lovely ride together. I'll take that over fanfare any day.  ;-)

That's it for now from . . .

3 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Sounds lovely :-)

Mary Ann said...

It sounds like you had a great Mother's Day... and I had a quiet one, just as I like. I love how you caught the culprit in the act!

LannieK said...

Sounds like a perfect day ~ A Belated Happy Mother's Day