Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Who got a crew cut?

Bittersweet did. Benny didn't. (Actually, Benny's belly got sheared and I think he's feeling the breeze, judging by the position of his hind legs. Hee!)
Bing didn't. A jet black fleece on jet black skin at a bad place in the rise is a recipe for blood red; I'll carefully scissor-shear him when I can.
Bart did; Barbados was rooed earlier. Bart always shears easily and  produces a huge (for a Shetland), gorgeous fleece.

Browning was also sheared, but I didn't get a photo of him. His fleece cooperates nicely, too.
My two gulmogets were the only girls to go under the blade. Both were "sticky," making them difficult to shear.

That's it for today from . . .

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I will begin removing fleeces this week, I've got about 37 of them to get done. sigh