Sunday, August 17, 2014

Knitting furiously

You know that twist on a WWII ad campaign, "Keep calm and knit on"? All I can say is, Amen!

We are stuck halfway to our destination, thanks to severe weather that totally messed with the flight schedules at DFW. The rest of our party is in Minnesota waiting for us (and our luggage, which contains all the cooking equipment and most of the food). We're told we have seats on a flight tomorrow, putting us at least a day behind schedule. We will either have to rechart our route or paddle a LOT faster. Maybe we'll outpace the mosquitoes....

What a day!


Tombstone Livestock said...

Hmmm, fly from Oregon to Texas to get to Michigan?
That's funny, but then if God had wanted me to fly I would have been born with wings. Glad migrating birds don't have FAA selecting their routes.

Mary Ann said...

I missed this post, I am hoping you got to your destination finally!