Tuesday, March 11, 2014

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

. . . and it's sooo hard to not be out working and playing in it!
I'm not totally housebound; I do have crutches to use when I must move around but they are uncomfortable and awkward. I can drive just fine and took the picture above outside Brian's violin teacher's house yesterday. Before leaving Boulderneigh I drove down to the Sheep Sheraton and hopped over on one leg to check on Annabelle, who looks the same. Rick and Brian are doing chores and checking on her twice a day, but I don't know that either of them would notice subtle signs. I'm both frustrated and relieved that nothing is happening in the lambing department. It's probably a good thing, though; I'd be unlikely to follow doctor's orders if Annabelle lambs this week! I have to go to the post office today, so I'm going to drive down again and have Brian help me turn the ladies out on pasture for awhile.

I've rescheduled shearing from tomorrow to two weeks from tomorrow in hopes that I will be mobile by then, or at least have some help lined up. The friend who was going to help broke her foot (before I did in my knee).

So, here I sit, mostly. I have my laptop, my phones, and a somewhat willing assistant to fetch and carry for me. I put the finishing touches on the baby cardigan and then wrapped it up to give my LMT on Thursday.

I'm ready to swatch for Mr. Brownjeans:

and I've picked out another hat pattern to knit with this Berella "4" from my stash (to go in the gift stash, as camel is NOT one of my colors).

My little Kuchulu is standing by to spin more alpaca:

and I am steadily making my way through stacks of magazines that have been piling up because there were always more compelling things to do than sit on my bum and read.

That's it for now from . . .

4 comments:

Tombstone Livestock said...

do you think Annabelle will wait 2 more weeks? I think I will send you a picture .... should make you feel better about just sitting around reading and knitting.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the good writeup. It in fact was a leisure account it. Glance complex to far added agreeable from you! However, how can we keep up a correspondence?

Top Ten Web Hosting Revi5ews

Unknown said...

Annabelle is not ready yet??? Come on, girl. Ha. Have fun with your knitting projects.

farmlady said...

Just keep sitting on your bum. These torn leg muscle ( or what ever it is called) is nasty and takes time to heal. Hope Annabelle waits for your help. Do all ewes need help?
Love the little sweater.. beautiful work.