Sunday, November 02, 2008

NaKniSweWe?

Observation: When you knit for children with bulky yarn, you can feel like a real speed demon even when you're not! (I'm not.)

Last night I stayed up late (early) and finished the back of Brian's cardigan. Woot! Of course, my guys come back this morning so that ends my "full steam ahead and don't spare the horses" (to mix my metaphors) pace. But Rick is flying out Thursday for a conference so it IS conceivable that I could finish this project before he returns the following Monday. Then I could get started on the other gift sweater on my list....

Today, however, must be dedicated to a different domestic pursuit - canning applesauce. We go through a fair amount of the stuff, especially on peanut butter toast, pancakes and waffles. We don't spray our trees, so some years making applesauce is more laborious than others, but the bugs aren't bad at all this year. This morning I picked all I could reach; when Rick gets home, he and Brian can get the rest with a ladder.

I should also make an apple kugen, or else by the end of today I'll have at least four dozen eggs in the frig. I was keeping up with them there for awhile; I don't know what happened. Anyway, I'll have to look for a recipe that resembles what we used to make when I worked for a bakery in college.

That's it for now from . . .

3 comments:

~TigereyeSal~ said...

I finally finished processing all our apples, but the pears are more daunting. Our rabbits and the local deer are enjoying the residue, though, so they're not going to waste.

Kathleen said...

Please make apple crisp and send a sweet, crunchy, flavorful picture of it to Peru!

Tina - omme i London said...

Uhmmm... I can smell the apples all the way to England YUMMY! As for the knitting - well done you. :)