Monday, November 24, 2008

Interesting pastimes

When I brought Braveheart in for the night recently, I noticed some loose tufts of wool on his neck. He has snagged his coat on the fence running up and down pining for girls, so I figured he caught his fleece in the same way. Isn't it lovely stuff? I'm saving it to send in next spring along with everyone's midside samples. It will be interesting to compare samples from Braveheart's neck and side, because he looks and feels so absolutely consistent from stem to stern.

Then a day or so later when I was cleaning horse apples out of the arena, I noticed this:What are tufts of Braveheart's fleece doing INSIDE the arena?

Remember this? I think Russell has been engaging in "reciprocal grooming," only Braveheart isn't big enough to return the favor! From the number of tufts I've found since, Braveheart is obviously sticking around for this strange interaction!
That's it for now from . . .

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You take excellent photographs. I imagine you have an SLR digital?

Jenny Holden said...

Russel looks like a handsome chap. I hope his little sheepy friend doesn't start loosing his fleece early now that it has a break or two in it!

Mim said...

Nice fleece and so long already Shetland is just the best!

Michelle said...

No, Colin, my camera is a straight digital, a Fujifilm FinePix E550. It is a much nicer version than the one that was recently lost or stolen - and I got it used off eBay for probably 20 percent of its original price!

Oh dear, Jenny, I didn't realize that Russell pulling out some of Braveheart's neck fleece could precipitate a full-on fleece break! I HOPE that doesn't happen!

country girl said...

I just love the photos.

Gone2theDawgs said...

Hey! Any attention is good attention when you're pining for the girls!:)

Anonymous said...

Love that long staple on Braveheart's locks! and such a handsome face-