Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Colorful blessings

Yesterday I drove to Woodland Woolworks in nearby Carlton to return some yarn. From the outside it looks like any other warehouse, but the inside is filled with all the fiber, yarn, spinning wheels, looms, books, knitting tools and toys you would expect from their colorful catalogs. The last time I was there I saw a couple knitted garments in The Stash Room, where they sell their odd lots, discontinued yarns and such. Diane told me they were sample garments made from yarn that is no longer available, so they were being offered for sale. GREAT deals, if the items fit your tastes and body!

When I checked out The Stash Room on this visit, I immediately noticed a colorful cardigan on display. It was pretty and playful, and looked like a probable fit. I checked the price - $25 - for a handknit sweater!?! The yarn HAD to have cost more than that! I tried it on as best I could over the baggy cotton sweater I was wearing, and immediately claimed it as mine. I didn't even need to cough up any cash, as the yarn I returned totaled more than it did. The transaction practically made me giddy!
As I was preparing to walk out the door, one employee called to another, "You HAVE to see this rainbow!" We looked, and there was a brilliant, complete arc of color, topped by a second, much fainter one - a true double rainbow. It was too big to fit in one picture, so I snapped shots of its left and right sides. Its colors reminded me of the sweater I was holding in my hands, and I felt doubly blessed.
As for the election, the Bible tells me God is in control, specifically of who is in power. I did my part, voted my conscious, and know we are in good hands (God's). Hope you have a similar peace!

That's it for now at . . .

4 comments:

Kara said...

Beautiful rainbow and fun wonderful find in that sweater! Hope and optimism for the future...

Dori Ann said...

I remember rainbows like that in Oregon! We have them like that here in SC too. Love the sweater, and yes, I take great comfort in that :)
I need to make a trip there when I go visit in Oregon next time. That's where I got my loom and order from them all the time, great place.

white_lilly said...

Love the rainbow and the cardigan was a bargain you were definitely blessed on that day :)

Delighted Hands said...

Love the rainbow as I am always in awe of them and always stop for a picture, too!