Monday, August 20, 2007

Frog weather

Woke up to rain again this morning that continued for several hours. Lovely! Yesterday we transplanted a bunch of big scrubs from my neighbor's that were destined for a date with the bulldozer, so this is perfect weather to help them get established at Boulderneigh.

Last night I cast on a new project (another one for me!). No, I haven't quite finished the Lacy Shawl, because I ran out of yarn. I COULD have "made do" with a short shawl, but instead asked Becca if she had any more. She didn't, but said to send a sample and she could spin some. So here is the shawl while it waits for another couple ounces of yarn:
Apparently I am not susceptible to the "UFO (unfinished object) syndrome" that besets many knitters, so I didn't have anything sitting around to keep my fingers busy while waiting on Becca's yarn. A really cute mini cardigan pattern was included in the recent email I got from Lion Brand yarn, so I decided to tackle that. What fun it is to zip along with bulky yarn and big needles! This morning I just had to pick it up and add a couple more rows. It occurred to me then that the ends were not symetrical; strange that the pattern asked me to knit in front and back of the first stitch on even rows, but not in the last stitch. I decided I'd better look at the pattern again. Oops. It DOES say to knit in the front and back of the last stitch as well. So, rip-it, rip-it, rip-it. But I am happy to say that I cast back on and even passed where I was before frogging, before setting it aside to get some "real" work done today.
That's it for now at . . .

2 comments:

shepherdchik said...

The shawl looks great! Boy...I'm on the fire now....I hope I can match that yarn up perfectly. I THINK I know which bunny's fiber was used and so I should be able to get it to match...hold your breath. The lacey open weave will be great for angora!

shepherdchik said...

I can't remember if I emailed you or not (or if our emails are working yet) but I did get the sample from you...working furiously to match up the bunnies and see who will be donating fiber...