Monday, August 06, 2007

BSJ #2 and something for ME!

Last night I sewed the buttons on, so this Baby Surprise Jacket, my second, is ready for gifting!

Then I immediately started on a project for me, a lacy shawl. The last couple weeks at church I've felt a bit chilled, and thought how nice a little shawl would feel. I had bookmarked this pattern as one that looked easy enough for a noob like me, and I had this wonderful skein of yarn handspun by Becca that begged for a special project (I hope it's enough!). I frogged it four times(!) before getting to this point. Apparently 9mm needles and a simple pattern are unexpectedly challenging for me after the mostly mindless knitting of the BSJ.

That's it for now at . . .

3 comments:

Sharon said...

As long as it keeps your shoulders warm, I should think that would be big enough. Sure looks like yummy yarn. Like the baby sweater too. Looks like EZ's surprise pattern and I hadn't thought about one color. Very cute!

Kathy said...

It's about time you did something for Y-O-U! ;) And it's a wonderful use for Becca's yarn.

Lauren Dorsee Dillon said...

Good for you Special K, branching out with lace! It makes a fellow knitter proud.