Sunday, March 26, 2017

Formal introductions

Well, well, well; by dawn's watery light it is clear that Blake is still batting 1000 at passing on the Agouti gene. (He's probably homozygous Ag, meaning he has two copies of that gene and all his lambs will inherit one copy from him.) Last night I could tell the frosted black girl was going to fade to grey; not until this morning could I see that the little brown one also has telltale white hairs. Both of them are gorgeous creatures IMHO, so that informed the naming inspiration. ;-)

Allow me to introduce Boulderneigh Brigitte,

and Boulderneigh Bardot (pronounced bar-doe, like the actress).
I edited Bardot's photo to better show her amazing fleece so it looks washed out. Both lambs have tightly crimped fleeces from ears to tail; I'm so pleased!

That's one down and one to go before we leave (pleasehurrypleasehurrypleasehurry).
"How about NOW, brown cow?"

"WHAT did you call me?!?"

Just telling it as I sees it, at . . .



9 comments:

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm said...

Congratulations! Here's hoping all come before you leave and God speed.

Anonymous said...

You probably figured out that my previous comment left on an earlier post was meant to go here… Congrats on the two female lambs. (hmm, what is a female lamb called?)

A :-) said...

FOUR baby girls? I remember how disappointed you were the year you had all boys - what a wonderful and exciting couple of days you've had!!

Congratulations - so glad everything went so smoothly, and that you have such beautiful new members of your flock :-) Yay!!!

Retired Knitter said...

So very very cute.

Rain said...

Congratulations! Very sweet little ones! I hope your "brown cow" kids before you have to go!

Sharon said...

Those are beautiful little ewe lambs.

Susan said...

Well, things are looking up! What adorable little ewes! Congratulations!

C-ingspots said...

That last picture, too funny! That's exactly what she looks like she's saying. :)
Both lams are indeed, beautiful Michelle! Yay!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yippee! I saw your post on IG and couldn't wait to get to the computer :-D. Congrats on two lovely lambies!!!