Monday, November 04, 2013

Pick an earworm

With the turning back of the clocks, we've been singing "Good Morning, Sunshine." Not that the sun has made an appearance these gray days, just the light. This time change has felt less disruptive than usual – but then again, "fall back" is never as painful as "spring forward"!

Yesterday evening it was "Sunrise, Sunset." After seeing my friend Debbie where we both took dressage lessons yesterday, I decided I'd better pay her a visit to meet the new member of their family before he was all grown up! Meet Gunner (Gunny):

Oh, sweet puppy breath! It's been a long time since I've had a case of puppy lust, but I had it bad last night.
I also wanted to see Annie (Anakin), Debbie's Dogue. He's been diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and isn't feeling well at all. I remember when he was the new puppy. "Swiftly fly the years...."

That's it for now from . . .

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Ack! Now I have the puppy lust!

Theresa said...

LOL< I always have puppy lust and that is one handsome little rottie puppy?! Good morning Sunshine is always a welcome earworm, along with Glow worm. ;)

Tombstone Livestock said...

adorable puppy and beautiful big, really big dog.

Michelle said...

Oh Shelly, you should have FELT him. Soft, squishy, velvety and HEAVY. Add puppy breath and it was difficult to resist dog-napping him!

Yes, he's a Rottie, Theresa, and such a nice little chap.

Audrey, Annie is big and Debbie is tiny, so quite the contrast! He outweighs her by a LOT.

Sandy Livesay said...

Now those are some cute little/big critters :-)

Enjoy the dogs and your visit!!!

Mama Pea said...

Oh, oh, oh! That little pup!! Sorry to hear the big guy is having health problems. Hope it's "fixable."

P.S. Thanks for inflicting the earworm on all of us! ;o)

Laura said...

Very cute pup! And I love the Dogues... Aengus still has a hint of puppy breath, but he's 12 weeks old and it's fading fast... Swiftly fly the days!!

Mary Ann said...

I'm so sorry the Bordeaux isn't well, he's huge and beautiful! The puppy is a doll! I'm happy with the fall back... I like the sun in the morning (or rain, as it will be tomorrow) and the early evenings.

Anonymous said...

I don't mind this time change as much as far as sleep is concerned, but hate getting home at dark to do chores. Can't see the livestock as well to ensure good health, and that frustrates me. Love the pup, hope Annie gets to feeling better. It's almost harder on me to have sick pets/livestock than sick humans around.

farmlady said...

PUPPYS!!!! I've been wanting one lately. This is not good. Those photos are so adorable. Makes you want more than one.
Poor Annie... I hope she fares well. She's a beautiful big dog.

Tammy said...

Oh. So sorry to hear about Annie. That is what I lost my Boone from and seeing Annie's picture reminds me of my boy and his big squishy face. It's hard even after all this time. Praying Annie will be able to do well on meds and have some good quality time. And, well, Gunny --what can I say, puppies can sure make you smile, even when you don't feel like it!
Tammy

Fat Dormouse said...

What a seriously cute puppy! I'm not sure our kitties would be very happy if I brought a puppy home though!