Thursday, December 27, 2007

Home safely

We got back from our Christmas trip tonight. It was a bit stressful having an active boy AND an active pup at someone else's house, trying to keep both from making messes or breaking anything. But both the youngsters LOVED playing in the snow (there will be plenty of photos forthcoming as soon as I have time to download them from my camera) and we had a lovely Christmas with family. We get 24 hours to rest up before the next wave of company arrives; Rick's mom and step-father fly in tomorrow night!

I learned that the shawl I knit for Tammy Ward's mother-in-law arrived in Canada today. I included a little surprise I made to keep it around the recipient's shoulders; now that Tammy has seen it, I can show it to everyone else (click to biggify):

Two other knitting projects got finished (except for tucking in the yarn ends) on the trip. I'm not sure what I'll cast on next, but I do know what will be on my wheel when I get a chance:A new fiber for me, that Blue Texel was a sample included with the Louet S10 I bought on eBay from Holland. It arrived stinky-dirty, but washed up lovely and soft. Now I'm carding it as I have time, and look forward to spinning it. I think I'll ply it with the Dorset Tammy Powell gifted me with, for a total of about 100 grams of yarn. Then I may overdye the variagated yarn blue....

That's it for now at . . .

6 comments:

Nancy K. said...

That shawl pin is absolutely PERFECT with that shawl! You are truly multi-talented...

shepherdchik said...

That Texel looks really fluffy! Also, I love your use of the term 'biggify'! I'm always looking for new words to add to my vocabulary...

Sharon said...

With all the colors in that fiber, I think it'll look wonderful overdyed, kinda heathery. The shawl is really lovely.

Tammy W. said...

Michelle - the shawl is beautiful.
But the pin is also a work of art.
Thank you so much for everything.

Kathy said...

I'm so glad to know you're home safe and sound (almost)! And that shawl and pin are gorgeous!

I'm waiting for my now finished rovings (took 6 months to get them back) to show up via the mail. I can't wait to get started spinning my own stuff. Now if this stupid cold would just go away, the New Year should be perfect!

Happy New Year!

Tina T-P said...

What a nice idea with the shawl pin - I've started crocheting my sister's scarf, but I think it's going to be a little scratchy - I may have to find some fleece to line it with or something.

Have a Happy New Year! T.