Thursday, September 10, 2026

Sharing our State Fair....

Our state fair concluded Monday for another year. We were there until nearly the closing bell, attending the last concert (Weird Al) and then walking through for a final look.  I do so enjoy experiencing it (five different times this year!), and several of you have commented over the years that you, too, enjoy it vicariously through my photos. Unfortunately, my devices are refusing to communicate again, so sharing photos will have to wait until they get over their current snit. (The on again off again nature of their spats reinforces a favorite line of mine from Madeline L'Engle: "The animosity of inanimate objects.")

We had a lovely stretch of cool, wet weather that shouted "FALL!" It has warmed up again, but the quality of light has changed, the air feels different, my mare is shedding her summer hair, and the woolly bear caterpillars have appeared; my favorite season is here. 😃 I'm done with prunes and now need to focus on apples, while continuing to harvest and cook what little our garden is still producing.

Oh, and Hawaii, here we come!!!

That's it until I can download photos, from . . .

4 comments:

Leigh said...

A state fair post without photos certainly seems bare! I hope you get the issue resolved soon. My current issue with blogger is that blog feeds don't seem to be updating, so I don't know who's got new posts.

Michelle said...

I've uploaded all my fair photos to a Ravelry project page so I can take screenshots of each photo and then load the screenshots into a new blog post; what a lot of work! And today I really need to start on applesauce, so I don't know when I'll get to it. 😟 Hmm; I've noticed that there have been no new blog posts in my Blogger Reading List lately; I just figured everyone else has been busy, like me. Never occurred to me that there may be a technical issue! Have you found new posts that Blogger isn't showing?

Anonymous said...

Oh YAY on the Hawaii trip!!!

Retired Knitter said...

Well fall is my second favorite season - still love winter best.. And very glad to be leaving summer behind with all its heat and humidity and (this year) smoke from our neighbors in Canada.