Sunday, September 01, 2024

Wrapped, Wrapping, Wrap

Well, August wrapped up before I managed a final blog post. The State Fair is wrapping up; tomorrow is the last day and I plan to go down in the morning with Rick (I'll do a post devoted to State Fair once it's over). My wrap (Elektra, above, at an earlier stage) has been getting the vast majority of my free time, but today I disciplined myself to do some much-needed cooking with garden produce, and prep jars to do some preserving of same.

Last Sunday Poppy and I headed out early for an agility match. I paused near the bottom of our hill to capture the morning mist and Mt. Hood, then drove toward and under some hot air balloons rising into the calm dawn sky. There was no good place to pull over, so I shot blind through the windshield to capture what I could:




Poppy's and my results were not quite so spectacular, but we did respectably, earning two qualifying scores and one first place in four attempts. By the end both my knees were screaming, though; it took 36 hours of anti-inflammatories to get comfortable again.

Bitsy, on the other hand, has gotten steadily better, and is walking without a limp again. Still, she and her mother are safer staying in the barn stall for now. There's nothing to eat out in the pasture anyway; the ewes tell me that loudly all day long. Today I put hay out for them, and later, the last of the bolting lettuce I pulled from the herb barrel.
Sisters Bernice and Bethany fought for a long time; hormones?

This week Snow Cone, one of my two Amber Stars and the last pullet to 'graduate,' started laying. Both she and Toffee Bits (the other Amber Star) have become quite tame, which I love:


I also got to go on another beach ride; woohoo! But that's a post for my Dances With Horses blog when I have time. 

That's it for now from . . .

6 comments:

A :-) said...

Busy time of year - here too. That first shot of Mt. Hood is a stunner!

Michelle said...

Thanks, A. The resolution isn't good enough for a large print, but I still like it and it works fine in this format.

Retired Knitter said...

Wow, that first sky and mountain picture is amazing. Frame worthy. You get the best nature views.

Michelle said...

Elaine, like I told "A," the resolution in that first photo would not bear printing and framing, but thanks for the compliments!

Jeanne said...

Your opening pictures of the sky are fantastic!! My daughter and I got a few views of a brilliant rainbow on Wednesday on our drive home, along the Lookout Point reservoir. It was fantastic! We were moaning that fact that there are very few places on Hwy 58 where you can pull over, and the trees in that area are plentiful.

I'm sorry to be slow in making a comment, but I wasn't aware of this post.

Jeanne said...

I forgot to mention your lovely wrap! Is it finished?