Friday, November 19, 2021

Now what?

So now that I'm back in the land of the living internet, how in the world do I catch up on this here blog? Do you want to see old photos and hear of past happenings, or should I just forge on with current stuff? Let me know. In the meantime, here are a few more pictures of how I've kept my fingers busy when not doing inside and outside chores, working office jobs, training animals, driving, sleeping or typing on a keyboard.














And here is something a little different, a small ceramic pot I painted based on one of our sunrises.



A friend of mine had some extra greenware from a women's retreat activity and invited me to her house to paint with her. With the stress I was under I felt NO creative spark, but pulled up a photo on my iPhone and gave it a stab. I must admit I am pleasantly surprised by the results!

That's all for now from . . .

9 comments:

Mama Pea said...

The pot you painted is lovely! I'm a firm believer that using one's creative juices, no matter how burned out or uncreative one might feel, does relieve stress and tensions. So. Good for you!!

Regarding how to "catch up" on your blog . . . hard to say what's best to make you feel okay. Just don't (do not) put pressure on yourself as something you MUST do. Go ahead and post old pics or other things you might want to share if that feels easy. And good. Otherwise, forget what's gone before and jump into what's currently happening in your world. There's not a one of us that needs added stress right now. Okay? Okay. Hugs.

Michelle said...

Thanks for all the no-pressure affirmation, Mama Pea. I hate to take photos that were meaningful at the time and not use them, but sometimes the narrative to post them takes more time than I have, or more mental energy than I have. Then I take MORE photos, and so on.

thecrazysheeplady said...

I'd go ahead and at least post a group of photos even if you don't write anything. Later, looking back, you'll know what they are. Love your painted pot!

Susan said...

I'm with Mama Pea - do NOT stress yourself. I love the painting. It really glows like your sunsets.

Retired Knitter said...

You always leave me stunned at how perfect your spindle spinning is. It always inspires me to pull out my spindles and try and do that again. But I am on a Christmas deadline so I guess spinning won’t be happening now. Your finished yarn is soooo perfect, it looks like it was machine spun! And I love your knitted scarf with the button. Is that a pattern? What is the name of it!

Do whatever you want with your blog - current or history. Makes no difference. Just keep on writing (especially if it helps with stress) and I promise to do the same. Just good to find you back in my email inbox!!

Retired Knitter said...

Just looked at that scarf again. It didn’t have a button but a shawl pin. Just beautiful.

Leigh said...

An update on your fiber projects was perfect! And I like your painted pot too.

Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm said...

You have to be one of the finest drop spindler's I've ever seen! As to what to post...life is so stinkin' overwhelming, post what you like as it's better than naught.
Sandra at Thistle Cove Farm

Florida Farm Girl said...

There is no "should" in the blogging world. Do what you want and what fits with your life. Hugs, dear girl.