Monday, February 18, 2019

No such thing as smooth sailing

I think I have vague memories of periods in my life when everything was going hunky-dory. But maybe I am remembering dreams and not reality; reality seems to be more of an ever-changing roller-coaster ride than anything else. Highs and lows, thrills and fears; you can never be sure what is around the next turn of the tracks. Sometimes you just want it to STOP for awhile.... The only thing that keeps me sane is a firm belief in what is waiting for me when the ride finally stops and the safety bar releases – oh, and that I have a Safety Bar!

Sorry; you probably didn't want that peek inside my psyche. So how about some pretty pictures? My orchid is still blooming inside, and the daphne odora is still blooming outside:

We've gotten a break from precipitation (more saddle time; more pasture time!):





Home, sheep home

I got some nifty new bags so I use less plastic (we already have a city ordinance banning plastic grocery bags; yay!):
The bags worked great for apples, pears, flaxseed, brown rice, red lentils, and Great Northern beans.
I have a lot of love in my life:
That's cat drool on my cuff!

Jackson really wanted to go outside, or he wouldn't have looked at the camera like this.

And I have beautiful fiber to spin (thanks to the source of some of that love in my life; no, it's not all from animals):


That's all for now from . . .

8 comments:

Theresa said...

So glad that fiber is bringing scads of joy! Your spinning is always so lovely. For whatever is going on in your world, hugs.

Retired Knitter said...

Breathe deep. Go for a walk. Count to 10 - ok ... count to 1000 if that is what it takes. :-)

And remember ... cats don't drool for just anybody!!

Hugs.

Mama Pea said...

Oh Michelle, I'm not sure any adult has a feeling of everything being hunky-dory in their life! At least not if all brain cells are still working reasonably well. As long as the highs outnumber the lows, and the safety bar stays in place, we all keep going.

Gorgeous pictures, as usual. My, didn't you catch Jackson smiling for the camera. Or the thought of going outside. ;o}

Susan said...

I think I have the same vague feeling that once or twice, long, long ago, there was an instance of smooth sailing. But, as you said, it may all have been a dream. I just hang onto the little smooth bits in between the rest. Sending you love and hugs from the East. xo

Debbie said...

Adjust your sail, keep charting the course......there is calm water ahead.

The fiber colors are beautiful!

btw, where did you find your bags?

Michelle said...

Thanks for the hugs – and love, Theresa!

I'll try to remember all that, Elaine. ;-)

I prize that photo of Jackson, Mama Pea! He's one of my worries; he has really aged over this winter. The other day I invited him up on the bed for a snuggle and he couldn't manage the jump. AT. ALL. :'-(

You've had more than your share of rough weather (so to speak), Susan. I'm not sure I'd trade places with you....

Debbie, I saw them as an ad on Instagram. They looked intriguing, so I did what I always do, I googled the company (netzerocompany.com) on my laptop and checked out the products and reviews. (I don't want FB, Instagram's parent company, tracking my interests and purchases.) Shipping took forEVer, but I'm very happy with them other than that.

Mary Ann said...

Michelle, you have beautiful views!

I am using large bags from Tractor Supply for my groceries now. I haul all of them every week, things are packed into them, I fold them and store them in one, and then re-use the next week. I have three cold bags for the cold things, I haul eggs to the shelter in two of them, and carry them on to the commissary. My daughter in law gifted me with a beautiful cold bag, insulated and zippered, and I treasure it. People ask me all the time where it came from!

Donna said...

So glad you have a Safety Bar. And your spinning is gorgeous, as always!