Sunday, September 23, 2018

Some kind of record

On my way to the Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival this afternoon I got a text from Brian saying the bus would be arriving at the school at 4:30 instead of 5:00 today. I hadn't given myself a lot of time to spend at OFFF as it was; now I would have even less time to look around. Not a big deal, I told myself; I had need of nothing there other than the roving of Blake's I was picking up. No (other) fiber, no yarn, no spindles; nothing. So when I arrived I walked quickly through the booths on the lawn until I found Columbia Carding and collected my bags, then headed inside to try and find the Jenkins.  Fortunately, before too long I saw Ed out and about and he directed me to their booth. On my way there, I passed a table with cute little animals made from pin-woven squares. I thought the sheep would make a cute Christmas tree ornament and said so, and the vendor offered to add a hanging loop of yarn for me. So after chatting with Wanda, I collected my one very affordable acquisition, tried a sample of a beeswax lotion bar, and headed to Salem. Hey, it's not fiber, yarn, or a spindle, and I was in and out  of OFFF in about an hour!



Feeling all kinds of virtuous today at . . .

8 comments:

Michelle said...

That's my OFFF show-and-tell!

Retired Knitter said...

Boy, do I know the feeling of needing NOTHING! But the world is filled with wonderful things and I am making this trip through life only once ... so at Fiber Fairs I am pretty bad. But I do avoid yarn shops and on line yarn shopping pretty successfully. Fairs... I am a goner!

Very cute Christmas ornament.

Theresa said...

Congratulations virtuous You! That is some lovely fiber, you going to break into it for Spinzilla? LOVE the ornament. How adorable is that.....Pin weaving is easy peasy BTW. Just sayin'

Mama Pea said...

What a cute and appropriate tree ornament for you! And a remembrance of your time there . . . short though it was.

I think we all hit a time where we "have enough" and now long for the time to use it!!

Susan said...

That sheep ornament is wonderful! It will look fabulous on your always-beautiful Christmas tree. I have to skip fiber festivals altogether, unless I am accompanied by an adult...

Anonymous said...

I loooovvveee that ornament... Good for you for keeping yourself in check.

Jeanne said...

And here I thought I didn't know anyone who was going to OFFF!! (This is the first time in years that NO one from our yarn club went to OFFF.) I was surprised - and you did it in such a short time. Amazing!! And good job!! Love that little sheep ornament, too!

Since you didn't say otherwise, I'm assuming you got back in time for the bus!

Michelle said...

RK, I'm sure I would have found stuff I felt I couldn't live without if I'd had more time to browse; there was a method to my madness!

Theresa, I've never done Spinzilla; too many other demands on my time. But I AM anxious to sample Blake's fiber! The processor said it was still a bit tacky; I can't feel it but want to see if it spins satisfactorily before offering any for sale.

I definitely like ornaments that are connected to memories, Mama Pea – and after two tree crashes, unbreakable ornaments are much more appealing!

Susan, you made me laugh!

Thanks, Ruth!

I didn't have any choice on the time, Jeanne, but it did help to control shopping! Were you there and I missed you???