Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Morning glories

We've implemented a new routine at Rick's suggestion. He and Brian do morning chores now, instead of Brian and me. While it does seem to make mornings go more smoothly, especially the mornings I have to leave for work, I miss going to the barn first thing and seeing all my fleecy, furry and feathery charges. Doing chores at night gives me fewer photo opportunities, and with that, less blog fodder.

Time for a fresh look at my mornings. Every day dawns differently; "subtle" can be sublime.

Rising before the sun, an Anna's hummingbird arrives for refueling.

On my way down our hill, I look for our signature peaks – Mt. Hood (below) the most obvious, but also Mt. Jefferson, Mt. Adams, Mt. St. Helens, and on a clear day, the tip of Mt. Rainier.

The only "snow" we've had so far at our elevation:
That's it for now from . . .

8 comments:

Leigh said...

What beautiful photos! Funny, but I'm working on a chore post for next week. I know I would certainly miss the routine, especially in the mornings. Still, we do what we have to do.

Susan said...

What beautiful views! It's nice that the boys are pitching in, but I know what you mean about missing the morning chores. They are actually my favorite - even when it's -12!

primrosesattic said...

beautiful pics. You will get used to the change after a while and might begin to like it. When my hubby is home he does the morning chores with the animals and gives me a rest. but he never does it quite like I do....
Rosezeeta.

C-ingspots said...

I used to always do the morning chores too, but the last couple of years Biff has done them. I agree that it's a wonderful way to start the day, but I also enjoy a bit more time in the mornings, especially in winter. Your view is a beautiful one, I hadn't realized that all those mountains could be seen. Very cool!!

Tyche's Minder said...

I also prefer morning to evening chores, even when I'm in a hurry. Morning is my favorite time of day.

Those views are spectacular. Lucky you!

Mama Pea said...

You live in a beautiful part of our country. Can't believe you've got little green shoots and blossoms appearing already. Even though it's different, let the boys keep doing the morning chores. That must help so much especially on the mornings you leave for your outside job. Besides, it gives Brian more time working alongside his dad and gives you just a teeny-tiny bit of time by yourself. Almost. Barely. Sorta. A little?

Thistle Cove Farm said...

hope the new arrangement works out for you. I'll be in touch re. the book...I'm slow...

Unknown said...

Yes, morning glories, for sure. Beautiful scenery.