Monday, January 26, 2015

A meme* for Monday

*An Internet meme (MEEM) is an activity, concept, catchphrase, or piece of media which spreads, often as mimicry, from person to person via the Internet.

Dormouse, way over in France at View From the Teapot, recently answered a list of questions about herself. I enjoyed her responses, and thought doing the same thing would be a good post to do ahead for a manic Monday. Here goes:

Four names people call me other than my given name:
I'm afraid this one's a non-starter; I've never really had nicknames. I give nicknames, often silly sing-song ones, but I've pretty much always been just Michelle.

Four jobs I've had other than my current one:
Stocker and clerk in a natural foods store; typesetter and proofreader at a printing company; college teacher; advertising salesperson at a newspaper.

Four films I've watched more than once.
The Sound of Music; Fiddler on the Roof; Chariots of Fire; The Scarlet Pimpernel.

Four books I'd recommend:
Like Dormouse, I tend to think of authors more than titles, so anything by C.S. Lewis, anything by Madeleine L'Engle, anything by Irving Stone . . . and Les Miserables.

Four places I've lived:
La Sierra, CA; near Hereford, TX; near Manhattan, KS; and near Perham, MN.

Four places I've visited:
Baja California; Washington, D.C.; Guadalahara, Mexico; Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada.

Four places I wouldn't mind being right now:
At my parents' home in TX; at the Oregon coast; on my horse anywhere; on a massage table.

Four things I won't eat:
Meat; fowl; shellfish; horseradish.

Four of my favorite foods:
Curries of many types; grapefruit; Dubliner cheese; and, of course, chocolate! ;-)

Four TV programs I watch:
Nightly news is the only 'program' I watch with any regularity, but I do occasionally catch Dancing With the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, and The Voice when they are airing.

Four things I'm looking forward to this year:
This is a tough one, as we aren't making any big plans or approaching any big milestones. If I can find any way to swing it, I'm going to fly to Texas for my niece's wedding in July. Her mom has passed away and her dad (my step-brother) is in prison, so I want to support her; plus, I'd get to see my folks and probably my sister, too. Oh, I am looking forward to lambing season, and to working with my friend's mare, and to another year of dancing with my own fine steed!

Four things I'm always saying:
"It's time to get up." "Focus." "(name that attitude) is a choice. You can choose to look at it differently, or you can choose to be miserable." "Pick up/put away your clothes/schoolbooks/toys." Can you tell I'm a mom???

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun post! I'm right with you, watching Dancing With the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance, and the Voice. Isn't it great to seen fine talent nurtured and given a chance to soar?

thecrazysheeplady said...

Fun!

Dogs okay?

Mary Ann said...

Had to laugh at most of these, but I also did not know you were a vegetarian? Do Rick and Brian eat vegetarian only, too?

Michelle said...

Glad to know I'm in good company, Nancy Kay!

Yes, Sara, the dogs are back to normal; yay!

We're all vegetarians, Mary Ann, although Rick and Brian will eat fish occasionally. I grew up eating a little meat, but it didn't take much for me to reject it based on health concerns and personal revulsion over eating the flesh of other living, breathing (and potentially loving) animals.