Monday, February 03, 2014

Game-day activities

Yes, Brian got his "party." He and Rick went to town and bought $45 worth of (mostly) junk food and pop, invited a couple of Brian's friends (including one of the dads), and prepared to watch the battle of the titans. My friend and I, we took the road "less traveled by" and rode our ponies at a nearly deserted Willamette Mission State Park. What a great day . . . even though I came home with a mess to a mess (seriously; soda pop spilled everywhere) and am still not done cleaning it all up!
Follow the link above to see more photos of my day
After the game I took one of the boys home, and picked up Saturday's mail on my way back. There was just one thing in our mailbox, a small package. I could hardly wait until Brian's last guests left so I could see what was inside:
a lovely handmade dishcloth, peppermint lip balm and a note from my blogpal Ruth! What a delightful surprise – the cherry on top of my Sunday! :-)

That's it for now from . . .

5 comments:

DianeOart said...

After all seems like it turned out to be a great day. :)

Anonymous said...

I just love getting packages in the mail, don't you?! Sounds like you had a prefect day, well minus the "mess"!
Hugs sweet friend,
Beth

Sandy Livesay said...

Michelle,

It sounds like your son enjoyed himself :-)
There's nothing better than surprises in the mail.

Retired Knitter said...

What a great mom! That soda will be a bear to clean up - sticky, sticky, sticky. But what a nice little surprise you got. Aren't blog friends the best!!!

Susan said...

I would choose your Sunday over any other. What a fun day - and funny horse! It was probably a good idea to leave the party to the boys, as all the soda slinging would make me break out in hives... :)