Sunday, February 16, 2014

And a one and a two...

So goes the dance called The Sheep Shuffle. (What can I say? I watched Lawrence Welk with my grandma when I was a tot!  ;-)

Today I hauled Nightcap to Chehalis, WA to meet up with his owner. He was here for 5 1/2 months so "I've grown accustomed to his face;" easy to do with such a handsome, gentle ram. But with limited housing options and lambs on the way, Nightcap had to go home.

Rick was my hero; he stayed home to clean out the Sheep Sheraton, a BIG job. A wind and rain storm was forecast for this afternoon (so far, it's just wind) followed by a whole week of rain, so he decided to take advantage of dry weather while we had it. Bramble and the wethers enjoyed pasture time while Rick worked,

and went back in the Sheraton until tonight when I made them swap places with Nightcap's three "wives." The lambing jug in the corner is ready for occupancy; is anyone ready for a lambing contest???

That's it for now from . . .

16 comments:

Susan said...

OOOOH Yes! Of course, I am thinking all girls.

Mt Devon Meanderings said...

I'm jealous of the green grass! Our snow is finally melted away with todays rain. I'm so ready for the grass to green up.

C-ingspots said...

So funny...when I saw your title, I thought of Lawrence Welk! I too, watched that show when I was little. My dad always watched anything that was musical. :) We're giving away our age. Have fun with the lambing.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see little lamb-y faces! I'm guessing girls and one boy! :D
I also can't wait to see green again. We are buried under the white stuff with 3 or 4 more inches on the way tonight/tomorrow. One of those miserable late winters up here in New England.
Hugs my dear blogging sister,
Beth

Mary Ann said...

Oh my gosh, your grass is GREEN!!!! LUCKY DOG!!!!

thecrazysheeplady said...

Yes!

Mama Pea said...

Green, green. Oh my gosh, so much green! If your sheep were standing out in our field right now, not only would they not have anything green to munch on, they would be totally covered over with snow. I think we have about 3' on the level right now.

Michelle said...

Coming right up, Susan!

Michelle said...

Might as well embrace our age, Lorie, as I'm afraid we're past hiding it with anything but plastic surgery!!!

Michelle said...

This is what NW Oregon is supposed to look like in the winter and it finally does.

Michelle said...

No, no, no, Beth; I already have PLENTY of boys!

Michelle said...

Green now, brown in summer. ;-)

Michelle said...

Oh good; at least two of you want to play!

Michelle said...

I'm sorry, Mama Pea!!!

Sandy Livesay said...

Michelle,

I'm thinking girls!!!

farmlady said...

A lambing contest? Yes.