Saturday, October 26, 2013

The fungus fascination continues

Remember this photo from yesterday?

This is what they looked like today! They're melting, they're melting!

We went for a walk this afternoon, and along with pretty autumn scenes,
In person the dahlias are a much closer match to the leaves
Bittersweet should just be called Sweet; he's a love
Hazy valley view from the end of the road

I saw a lot more fungi. These were under a Christmas tree on a nearby lot:

and these were on the lot for sale beside our property:
They're everywhere; they're everywhere!

This seems to be the fall for fungus amongus!

That's it for today from . . .

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow, it must be very humid there ... they do look neat tho. Love that Bittersweet has a coat to wear! So cute.

Spinners End Farm said...

I have a thing for fungus too! I love those giant flat fellows. That Bittersweet is a cutie.

Sandy Livesay said...

Michelle,

Gorgeous pictures! Beautiful countryside up there, I would love to live up there.
Those mushrooms under the Christmas tree are huge, do you know what type they are?

Michelle said...

Maureen, it is damp in the winter but not humid in the summer. My sheep wear coats to keep their fleeces cleaner, i.e. more marketable.

Sherry, he's cute, friendly and has fantastic fleece!

Sandy, I'm afraid I know next to nothing about mushrooms, I just find them intriguing. :-)