Friday, October 18, 2013

"Sunrise, sunset . . .

. . . swiftly fly the years. One season following another, laden with happiness and tears." (from Fiddler on the Roof)
This morning's sunrise
Zoomed in on the fog in the valley

It's always hard to say good-bye to my folks; I don't get to see them nearly often enough. They picked a good time to come; the weather and fall colors were so nice.

My parents are very encouraging and supportive of our parenting and homeschooling challenges, and spent lots of time with Brian. The dogs enjoyed the additional attention, too. The first night they were here, Dozer helped himself to my mom's lap – much to her shock, and my Dad's and my amusement! (My mom likes dogs, but isn't completely at ease with them.)






On the last night they were here, Dozer treated my dad to a farewell face-washing – he's an equal-opportunity bulldog. ;-)



Poor Dozer; last night he had no lap to snuggle in.

I kinda felt the same way.

That's it for now at . . .

5 comments:

Sandy Livesay said...

Michelle,

Poor Dozer, lol
Great pictures of your parents with Dozer.

Susan said...

Oh, gosh, those are great photographs, Michelle. The last one says so much.

Mary Ann said...

I'm so glad you got to see your parents... I wish I could see mine again.

sewbeezy said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful visit with your parents. Loved all the photos. =)

Laura said...

Bittersweet - but fun while it lasted! I was glad to get to meet them!