Thursday, July 17, 2008

Peck, pup, purr and pit

Or, alliteration on a summer's day.

Thanks to Melanie's suggestion, I put out the little round feeder we used when the girls were chicks. Of course, all the girls had to eat from IT, instead of utilizing both feeders, but they did it nicely (while I was there). I still need to add another board to the front of their nesting boxes and change out the straw for shavings.

When I let Jackson out in the morning, he has to run around the house to check for squirrels and deer. Then we head down to the barn to do chores. I couldn't figure out why he was so interested in our camping wheelbarrow - until I saw a little black and white paw reach out from under it and bat at him.
Oreo left her hiding spot when she was good and ready - and retreated to the top of a 50-gallon drum to gaze with practiced nonchalance about her domain.
Our Royal Ann cherries are ripe and ready - and weighing heavily on my mind. We got a handy-dandy dehydrator for Christmas and I just bought a cherry pitter off eBay; now I just need to make myself get to work! Dried cherries are SO good in The World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe I got from Tina.Drool, fools! (Uh, sorry, I got carried away with the literary tools there.)

That's it for now at . . .

4 comments:

~TigereyeSal~ said...

I bet I had just about as much fun reading this post as you did making it...

melanie said...

Drooling, drooling...

love,
a fool

Kathy said...

Yum! Cookies!

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

He has turned into such a beautiful animal Michelle...