Monday, November 05, 2012

Where's that time machine?

In a rather unusual state of affairs for this usually monogamous knitter, I have three projects on the needles right now (shown below in order of cast-on).
My slooow socks
A Fish for Brian, cast on while waiting for the pattern below
My much anticipated Zephyr Cove – love!
I have also been thinking about knitting a couple more quick Leaf scarves for upcoming gift exchanges....

This weekend while chatting with my friend in Saipan via Skype (what a wonderful invention!), she mentioned that she loaned her shawl to her little girl during church and had a hard time getting it back. I have more of that white yarn, so of course now I have the perfect Christmas gift idea for little Hannah (they will be stateside for a visit then). Ack! I need a time machine! Can someone reset the calendar???

Wait. I knit another white shawl already, during the Ravellenic Games. It was earmarked as a gift for someone else, but I think Hannah will use and appreciate it more. Easier to think of a different gift for the original giftee (not a blog reader) than knit a shawl for Hannah on top of all the other knitting in my basket!

Still trying to knit like the wind at . . .

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

I think you're still getting in more knitting time in than I am on my afghan! Every day I think I'm going to sit down with it after dinner. But it's just not happening. Maybe these longer nights now will help steer me into my recliner where I can sit with my knees up to hold the pattern I have to follow in my lap. In lieu of that, yes, could someone reset the calendar? But without outside work to be done, please.