Thursday, August 02, 2012

PR professionals



My friend Jeannie, shepherdess extraordinare to four Boulderneigh fiber boys, sent me these photos last month with the notation, "Really, Michelle – why don't you socialize your lambs before sending them to me?" Ha! That's Banjo (brown) and his twin Bodhran (black) slaving away *cough* as public relations agents for the Shetland breed. They were the last offspring of dear old Inky, by Valiant Braveheart.

This morning I trimmed the hooves of Annabelle's family (Annabelle, Bittersweet, Bloom and Bart) before turning the sheep out for the day, as "sheep pedicures" is one of the things on my "to-do-while-Brian-is-gone" list. Bart also needed a coat change, which of course means a chance to see how next spring's fleece crop is growing:
mid-side, last rib
Very nicely, I'd say! Bart's crimp has gotten looser, but is still very organized and consistent. I just love the fleeces of Annabelle and her offspring. Bart is a son of Boulderneigh Blake, and therefore a grandson of Braveheart.

Tuesday night was my first opportunity to watch the Olympics. Last night I got to watch some more . . . and actually knit! I am knitting a small shawl as my Ravellenic Games entry – along with finishing my Lanesplitter skirt that's been languishing for two years. (The Ravellenic Games are events for knitters paralleling the Summer Olympics – kinda like the Tour de Fleece is for spinners during the Tour de France bicycle race.)

That's it for today from . . .

2 comments:

~~Sittin.n.Spinnin said...

It's great they are so friendly, so nice when kids can walk up and pet them, as they always want to do :)
Nice looking fleece!

Pam said...

She's even wearing the perfect t-shirt for the pics!! Adorable!