Sunday, May 08, 2011

Yarn tails - and tales

Friday I finished the body of my Lanesplitter skirt. I was so sure I was going to run out of yarn that I called my LYS to put another skein on hold, only to find out they didn't have any more of that colorway - much less the same lot! I sent a bunch of messages to Ravelers who have the same yarn in their stashes and was all set to buy half a skein (different lot) from someone. Then I decided to knit to the end of my yarn first. And look at that. I finished, with just enough of a tail to seam up the skirt! I'll have to get a different yarn for the add-on waistband, but the pattern recommends using a different yarn for that anyway. Whew! Close call, just like with my cabled vest!

That left me to face Sakaki, my Romi shawl with the big boo-boo. I unraveled the whole thing and started over, and by last night had surpassed my previous progress. (Yes, Virginia, it really IS easier the second time around.)
It's a tough red to capture accurately, but I had fun trying. :-) The cherry blossom is from our tree; the rose is from a Mother's Day tribute at church. I also got a pot of gorgeous tulips from my son and an orchid corsage from my hubby, which I wore to church yesterday and for a scrumptious breakfast out this morning. As Bill would say, life is good!

Happy Mother's Day from . . .

4 comments:

Country Girl said...

I love your knitting projects, Michelle.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Beautiful color's on both, and so glad you made it to the finish line on the skirt, so to speak! Happy mother's day to you. Did the sun shine in your part of Ory-gone? It did off and on here on the coast, but I was on the couch with a tummy bug, so didn't get the stuff done I had on my "want to do" list, dang it!

Kelly said...

I love your knitting projects too Michelle.