Thursday, August 25, 2022

Fun, sun, spun

Before this weekend rolls around, I want to share photos from our little beach excursion last weekend. We attended a going-away get-together for a gal Brian went to high school with; she and another schoolmate are going as nursing student missionaries for a school year. Poppy came along, of course.







It was cooler on the coast than inland, but by no means chilly. It was a truly beautiful, still evening, and a lot of people were out enjoying it.

Sunday evening's sunset colors at home (looking north and east) were very pretty, too:


Monday morning I looked ENE and saw hot air balloons rising with Mt. Adams visible beyond:

Even though it's been hot, some sourdough starter had to be harvested so I made another batch of bread. It drooped over the side of my pizza stone but that's okay; I had a cucumber to fit the curve!

Rick is the veterinarian for the State Fair again this year, so he's been getting up early to do a walk-through of the animals arriving before taking care of his regular calls. (The State Fair opens to the public tomorrow but Rick started Tuesday.) Before he leaves he lets Poppy in the bedroom to snuggle with me for a bit before we go out to do chores.


Poppy hunts; Chuckie supervises

I finished spinning the colorful batts I bought at Black Sheep Gathering, and have started spinning this black alpaca/Merino/Tussah that I got in a TdF prize drawing to ply with them. It's making fun yarn!



That's it for now from . . .

2 comments:

A :-) said...

Your spinning is always so beautifully even :-) I've been wondering if you were going to be at Wisconsin this year, but I don't see your name in the program book, so I'm taking that as a no. I am not going, although for awhile I thought I might. Timing is just not on this year, again.

Michelle said...

A, last year was probably a once-in-a-lifetime trip to WI thanks to being asked to be the Shetland fleece judge. Great memories, at the festival and with my cousin and his wife, though!