Sunday, August 28, 2016

28 jars of prunes on the wall, 28 jars of prunes

Take one down, pass it around (because it didn't seal, and subtract one more that broke in the canner), 26 jars of prunes on the wall! (And another dehydratorful a-drying.)

So blame me for another annoying earworm, but such was my day. Thankfully, I got a lot of help from Rick. This morning while Brian slept in (a last hurrah before school starts tomorrow), we went out and picked before the yellow jackets got bad, then spent the rest of the day, off and on, processing prunes. I plan to pick again tomorrow morning and fill the dehydrator once more; then I plan to move on to apples. Guess I'd better pick those bright and early, too; the yellow jackets are bad this time of year.

Looks like we'll be ushering in September with cooler weather. The days are getting noticeably shorter, and I've been dreaming about next year's lamb crop. Plans still need to be finalized, but I'm pretty sure Blake will be visiting Vienna and Sarai again since that breeding group has given me such nice results. Hopefully Sarai's breeding career didn't end with this spring's sad result.

That's it for today from . . .

4 comments:

Weekend-Windup said...

Have a nice day:)

Theresa said...

The yellow jackets are terrible! We are using those WHY traps by Rescue and it is amazing how many we have caught. More amazing is how many there still are.....
I took a break from canning, but then again, I don't have producing fruit trees.
School starts early! We always went back after Labor Day.

Mama Pea said...

"Oh no, another earworm," I was thinking even before you mentioned it! ;o} It's dehydrating blueberries for me today. ("Eight big trays of blueberries in the dehydrator, eight big trays of blueberries . . . ")

Claire MW said...

Ooooh yum! I love prunes! Sounds like a lot of work but well worth it to enjoy the bounty all year long!