Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Hubba hubba!

While hurrying through chores before work this morning, my brain was as busy as my hands and feet.

"Here it is, October 13 already, and I still haven't put my breeding group together. When am I going to find time to do that? You know, the girls didn't finish their hay last night; I wonder if they could be in heat? I'd better make time to put them in with Blake this afternoon.... Hmm. As fast as they cycle, they could be OUT of heat by this afternoon; then it would be another 16-17 days before they would be in again. I'd rather have early lambs.... I'd better shuffle some sheep NOW!"

And so I haltered Sarai and led her out to the Ram-ada Inn; caught and removed Browning while Blake oogled Sarai through the fence; put Sarai in with Blake; put Browning in with the other wethers; caught Vienna and put her in with Blake, too; and took a few photos to document the beginning of breeding season at Boulderneigh.
Sarai hiding in the Ram-ada Inn
Vienna, wary
"Well, maybe I'll just say 'hi'"

And I was only 15 minutes late to work!

That's it for today from . . .

No comments: